Crybaby me- NOT

A month or so ago, I was admitted to the hospital, for high fever. I am such a workaholic that even on that very morning where I woke up with a fever, I made it to work and struggled to survive the 8 hour day. At the end of the day, I got so ill, and honey asked me to go hospital. So I did, to an unbearable experience.

It all began with the "lets take some blood and do some tests" query. The nurse sucked in drawing my blood so bad that she poked poked poked and poked my right arm vein to no success, only to move on to my left arm for a minimal success. Arrrrrghhhhhhh, the pain was sooooooo unbearable. Even the needles on a tattoo gun doesn't hurt as much as a syringe needle do. If I can handle the hundreds and thousand of needles on a tattoo gun on my arm, what threat can ONE needle do?

I was yelling and screaming throughout the whole ordeal and had fluids injected and glucose running into my body for that night. I was so glad I had my loved one beside me, clutching my cold,lifeless, sweaty palms the entire night, and even helping me to the loo. I feel so loved and secure when I see the person whom I love beside me throughout such times. I love you, honey, and thanks for being there for me.

Strange, but as soon as I spread the news of my hospitalisation encounter to my cousin Z the next day, she said that its a "guys thing" to be scared of taking blood/syringe. So it must be a known fact that majority of guys are scared of needles, minus the druggies. She also mentioned that no matter how tough or macho the guy is, a syringe brings out that little soft side of them.

I so totally agree.

Today, I had the time and listened to my honey's instructions to go and follow up with the doctor following the blood test results the hospital released last month, and this is the outcome;



Only that this time, it was such a pleasant encounter. As I followed the nurse into her room, I noticed her nametag glimmering with the words: Trainee Nurse. I was like OMGS, I'm so gonna die this time, it will be like hell on skin.

She comforted me as I walk into her sanctuary by asking about my day and how I deal with needles, and gave me a very warm smile while displaying a very caring and yet gentle personality. She had this tone of voice that was quite comforting and so she began searching my vein and poked the syringe in. I didn't feel a thing at all, not even when she took it out. Strange, so so very strange. My conclusion from this experience is that; it all boils down to skill. I'm so totally blown away by how I left the clinic without feeling a little teensy bit of pain. Kudos to you, trainee nurse.

2 comments:

jazz said...

at least you did not feel pain la darling

theblog said...

hehe yea loh, so strange eh.. hehe but all good =)