Wireless Freedom & the new ISP

I was getting pissed at my current ISP - Xnet for the abrupt disconnection from time to time these days, so I was on the search for another ISP, and I found out that Telecom was giving away a free wireless modem for signup. I thought hey-why not, since now I've got a Macbook, I can use the wireless, I've never used wireless apart from Uni and figured it would be something new for me to try out and see what the fuss about wireless that's raving on these days.

I waited 4 days without internet after my initial call to Telecom, and yet, nothing arrived in my mail. I rang them back querying about my signup and shit, but nooo, apparently the last person who dealt with me didn't put through the order- freaking lazy arses. So I requested that the modem to be sent to me with a sense of urgency as I can't live without the net. In the next 2 days, the modem arrived all ready to be wired up.




And then my first test with wireless, was Skyping with my Honey. OMGs man, seriously, wireless is the shiznit!!! I can have the freedom to bring my laptop everywhere I go in the house, it's so amazing. Talk about freedom. Literally.

This is my cherry Redbook that feeds on the wireless - the only problem with wireless? Laptops needs longer lasting batteries.


0 comments: